Twice a year, Kidz Klozet holds one of the Gulf Coast’s largest organized kids’ consignment events with over 900 active consignors. This semi-annual consignment sale features fantastic bargains on gently used children’s toys, clothing, books, furniture, strollers, high chairs, new mom accessories and so much more. You can find anything that has to do with children at this massive sale. Want information on becoming one of our wonderful consignors? See the Consignor Registration section below.
We pride ourselves on the fact that no one in the area is quite like us. Join us for our upcoming Fall/Winter Consignment Sale October 3rd-7th and you will see for yourself!
See the drop down menus below for information on consigning, volunteering, shopping and first time parent benefits.
Ways to Shop Early!
Double Shift and Single Shift Volunteer Pre-Sales | Saturday, September 30th
Volunteer TWO four-hour shifts and you can attend the first pre-sale Saturday, September 30th at 10am. If you volunteer ONE four-hour shift you can attend the second volunteer pre-sale Saturday, September 30th at 4pm. Plus, ALL volunteers shop at 9am on 50% OFF day Saturday, October 7th! Everyone else shops 1 hour later (10am). You do not have to be a consignor to volunteer! Others can volunteer for you so you can shop early (ex. grandparents, dads, etc.). Remember, no children, strollers or wagons are allowed during this pre-sale.
Consignor Pre-Sale | Sunday, October 1st 2pm
Consign at least TEN items with us and you are eligible to attend the consignor’s pre-sale. Please remember, no children, strollers or wagons are allowed during this pre-sale. You will be given a ticket to this sale when you drop off your items.
First Time Parent/Grandparent Pre-Sale | Sunday, October 1st 6pm
We created this sale as a way to help FIRST TIME parents and grandparents stock up on the things they need for their little bundle(s) of joy! You are eligible to attend this sale ONE TIME ONLY if you are expecting your first child/grandchild, the child is under six months of age, or you have adopted your first child within the last six months. You must pre-register to attend this sale via our website here. If you are bringing your infant with you, they must be worn or carried on you in a sling, backpack, etc. We do not allow strollers or infant carriers during this pre-sale.
Charity Night Sale | Monday, October 2nd 5:30pm-8:00pm
Pay $10 (cash only) at the door. It is your opportunity to shop the evening before we open to the public. 100% of the $10 admission fee go to the charity of our choice. Everyone who enters, no matter the age, pays the $10 fee (including babies and toddlers). There is no need to preregister. Simply show up and pay at the door.
Consignor Registration & Information
Existing Consignor Registration Information
Existing Consignor Registration will be August 20th. All consignors are required to pre-register and choose a drop off time. If you fail to pre-register or fail to drop off during your chosen time, you may come during the makeup drop off time. However, be prepared for possible long lines.
You will need a password to register. The default password is the last four digits of the primary phone number we have in our records. If you are having trouble, try your cell phone and home phone. If neither of those numbers work, try NOWN (last 4 letters of UNKNOWN).
Refer to your Kidz Klozet postcard to locate your consignor number. It is located on your mailing label listed as the SELLER ID #. Your seller ID number is the same each sale. It does not change.
New Consignor Registration Information
New Consignor Online Registration will be held on August 30th at 8pm. We will assign 200 new numbers on a first come, first served basis via our website. At 8pm, the link will appear here, on our home page as well as the top of the consignment page of our website for new consignors to register. CLICK HERE at that time and register to become a consignor. If you are interested in becoming a consignor, please come back then to register. In the mean time, join us on Facebook to keep up with all of our updates. Questions? Contact us.
Consignor Drop Off
Consignor Drop-off will be September 21st-25th. You MUST BE A REGISTERED CONSIGNOR (see above to learn how) and have SCHEDULED A DROP-OFF DATE under your consignor number with the link listed above (under Existing Consignor) to drop off during this time. We do not accept items being dropped off from non-registered consignors.
When dropping off, all items must be tagged, hung & labeled with your consignor number. See the TAGGING section of this page for the specific details to tag your items properly. MAKE UP CONSIGNOR DROP OFF will be Monday, September 25th. Registered consignors should check their emails for more information on this.
Consignor Pickup will be October 10th from 6pm-9pm. IMPORTANT: If you do not pick up your unsold items your check will be mailed to you. Your items will be donated to a charity of our choice.
Sell 10 or more items with us and you can attend the consignor presale. No children, strollers or wagons are allowed.
Kidz Klozet consignors receive 60% of their sales. Any item that sells for $75 or over, the consignor will receive 70%. Please let us know at check in if you have any items tagged at $75 or more. Early drop off is available for large items if needed. Contact us for scheduling. There is no waiting with Kidz Klozet for your earnings… your check is ready when you pick up your unsold items!
What to Sell
We only accept the current season items at the Fall/Winter and Spring/Summer sales. Please bring items only associated with the season of the sale. If it is an item that can be worn year around (i.e. short sleeve shirt, light weight long sleeved shirt, jeans, etc.) it will be accepted at both sales. School uniforms are always welcome! Thank you for understanding our space restrictions.
Items We Accept Include (but not limited to):
- Bassinets, Toddler Beds, Rocking Chairs, Gliders , Changing Tables, Children’s and Baby Furniture
- Car Seats That Have Not Been Recalled, In An Accident, or Expired
- Children’s And Baby Linens, Plus Room Decorations
- Clothing (Newborn To Children’s Size 20)
- School Uniforms
- Costumes (Halloween Costumes Only In the Fall), Dress-Up Clothes and Dance Wear
- New Mom Accessories
- Outdoor Play Equipment, Slides, Swings, Sports Equipment, Bicycles, Riding Toys and Wagons
- Shoes, Socks, Hats, Belts, Bibs and Bows
- Strollers, High Chairs, Swings, Pack-N-Plays, Potty Chairs, Safety Gates, etc.
- Toys, Books, Puzzles, CDs, Cassettes, DVDs, Computer Games, Dolls, Game Boys and Games
Due to limited space, we are accepting a maximum of 150 items per consignor. If you have 100-150 items you may not drop off for anyone other than yourself. Someone can drop off for you, but they must only drop off your items.
If you are consigning a car seat, you will be asked to fill out a special waiver. Make sure the car seat has not expired. If there is no expiration date on the seat there will be a manufacture date. It should not be more than 5 years since the seat was manufactured. Please also check here to ensure that the car seat has not been recalled.
Absolutely no recalled items! Visit www.cpsc.gov to make sure none of your items have been recalled. Any recalled item that has been dropped off will be pulled from the floor and disposed of properly. No recalled items will be returned to the consignor. Many recalls have simple solutions. In many cases the owner of the item can call the manufacturer to get “the fix” sent to them and repair the product making it safe and sellable. If you are consigning a recalled item that has been “fixed” according to the manufacturer, make sure you note it on your index card.
Cribs: If you’re planning to consign a crib, remember that we only accept cribs that were manufactured on or after June 28, 2011 in order to comply with the CPSC safety regulations. To adhere to this law, we will only be able to accept cribs that either: A) Have the manufacture date on the crib, showing it to be manufactured on or after June 28th, 2011, or B) Have a Certificate of Compliance from the company which manufactured the crib stating that the crib is certified to meet law 16 CFR 1219 or 16 CFR 1220.
NO ITEMS WITH STAINS, TEARS or FADED WILL BE ACCEPTED! Examine your clothes carefully in “good” light. Please do not be insulted if the person checking your clothes reject any of your items if they don’t meet quality standards.
NO Broken or Damaged Items! Check DVDs and game system games to make sure they work and are in the right container.
NO VHS tapes.
NO Maternity Clothing or Junior Clothing.
NO More Than 15 pair of Shoes Per Consignor. (Good to excellent condition only)
“Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.”
Only consign items you would purchase yourself.
CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission) Clarifies Lead Testing Requirements for Consignment Stores
As many of you are aware, there has been great concern recently in the “consignment world” regarding lead testing of items intended for children 12 and younger. Fortunately, the CPSC released a statement on January 8, 2009 stating that consignment stores will not be required to test for lead. It would have been cost prohibitive and basically the end of consignment sales and thrift stores. Meanwhile, Kidz Klozet will continue to take precautions to protect your children’s safety and will monitor this and other safety issues closely. For more information visit: www.cpsc.gov.
Selling Tips & Tricks
It may seem a long, long time away, but don’t let it sneak up on you! Develop your consigning plan today. As you take down your Fall/Winter clothes to make room for your Spring/Summer clothes or vice versa, begin the great divide:
- Worthy of Consigning-Gently Used (no stains, tears, fading, no broken pieces)
- Worthy of Donating (still wearable, some fading, good for play, etc.)
- Worthy of Taking to the Garbage Can (no definition needed!)
The majority of our shoppers really know their brands and prices! So, if you want your items to sell be reasonable. Be sure to consider the condition of your item when deciding the asking price. Ask yourself what you would pay for an item in the condition it is in.
There are so many different brands of stain removers out there…some of the best we know of are OxiClean Baby, OxiClean Versatile, Clorox Bleach Pen, Carbona, Mother’s Miracle and Tide Stain Sticks.
Now for Some Innovative Stain Removal Methods
- Tilex Bathroom Cleaner works wonders on white clothes with mildew stains, contains bleach so stay away from dark clothes.
- Greased Lightening, sold with household cleaners. Spray directly on stain, don’t be alarmed if the clothing changes color, it will return to original color after washing. Most stains will come out, for difficult stains repeat.
- Goop works well on grease stains.
- Fresh protein stains can often be removed by soaking and agitating in cold water before washing. If hot water is used first, it can cook the protein, causing coagulation between the fibers in the yarns of the fabric, making the stain more difficult to remove.
- Never put a stained fabric in the dryer, the heat will set the stain. Start the treatment process again.
- Soak dingy white shoe laces in Biz and you will see a remarkable difference!!!
- The Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is a GREAT tool for cleaning plastic toys! (Be sure to protect your hands, the magic isn’t so magical on bare skin!)
- Goo Gone will remove adhesive tags, marks, scrapes off plastic toys, etc.
- WD-40 will remove crayon marks with ease.
Use Armor-All to make your Crocs SHINE!
Check out these websites for even more suggestions:
If you do a search on the Internet you will find hundreds of tips and numerous websites with very unique and interesting ideas!!! The above list contains some of our favorite tips customers have passed on to us.
Items to have on hand while tagging
- 3×5 index card
- Red sharpie
- Safety pins
- Writing pens
- Rubber bands
- Ziplock bags
- Packing tape
How to Tag items with 3X5 Index Card
Tagging Template Option
You may download our PRINTABLE tag template by clicking here.
Print template on card stock, not regular paper!
Excel Spreadsheet Option
Click to download the Kidz Klozet Tagging Spreadsheet! It was designed by a Kidz Klozet consignor exclusively for Kidz Klozet. This spreadsheet will allow you to plug in your information in Microsoft Excel as the directions below show, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and an Adobe PDF file will be sent back to you with all of your tags in numerical order within 48 hours. See an example of our Spreadsheet below.
Here Are the Step-by-Step Instructions:
- Download the Kidz Klozet Tagging Spreadsheet. Be sure to read the instructions carefully because those spreadsheets missing required fields cannot be processed and will be sent back to the consignor for corrections.
- Enter line by line all of your items. Have multiples of an item? Copy and paste! No more writing duplicate tags or endless amounts of tags!
- Once finished, email your COMPLETED tagging spreadsheet HERE. Let us know in the email if you want it to print on 3×5 index cards or 4 to a page. Your printer must be able to print on index cards to choose the 3X5 option. If printing 4 to a page, do not print on regular paper. It must be on card or cover stock and cut to a 3×5 size.
- Within 48 hours you will have your document back ready to print and pin on!
This spreadsheet is extremely simple and anyone that has Excel can use it. All of the hard stuff we do for you.
Tips for the Spreadsheet:
- Don’t have a color printer for the red dots? Just use a marker to fill the red dots in after your print them.
- Try printing on “draft” or “economy” mode to save on ink.
- Keep your clothes in order as you typed them in until you get your PDF file back. When you cut out your tags and are placing them on your clothes, the clothes will be in the same order that the tags are in from when you typed them.
- Use the “Number of Blanks” to request how many blank cards to use as extras in case you find last minute items to sell or you lose a card and need to write one in.
- You can choose to print 4 tags to a page, printing them on a regular printer with sheets of card or cover stock OR use a photo printer and insert your 3X5 index cards as the paper and choose the option to have your tags print individually.
Rules When Tagging:
- Use 3×5 index cards.
- Leave at least 2 inches between the safety pin and where the writing begins so we may cut or tear the tag off during check-out rather than unpinning the tags.
When giving item description, please include brand, color, and type of item.
- Place a large RED DOT next to the top and bottom price if you DO NOT want your item to be discounted on Friday and Saturday.
- *NEW FALL 2017* All unsold items with the bottom right side price highlighted will be returned to the consignor at pickup. All items NOT HIGHLIGHTED will be DONATED.
- Price in $0.50 increments. Price tag in the bottom right hand corner as well as above the cut line so a price will still be present after cutting off the tag.
- All clothing must be on hangers and facing to the left as illustrated below. You may use pant clip hangers as well as safety pins for pants.
- SAFETY PIN the card to the right hand side of the garment when looking at the front. NO STRAIGHT PINS!
- SAFETY PIN multiple piece garments together
- Children’s clothes must be sized with numbers, i.e. 12M, 2T, 5 etc., not S, M, L.
- To reduce check in time, have your items sorted by size and gender (rubber band or twist tie sizes together to keep them in order while in transit) and counted prior to drop-off!
- Loose items such as shoes and socks, as well as items or toys with more than one piece should be secured in Ziploc bags with index cards placed inside the bag. You may consign no more than 15 pairs of shoes.
- Do not forget we accept outside toys, youth, toddler and baby beds, baby & juvenile furniture, etc. …Anything to do with children.
- Put your seller id# on a piece of masking tape inside all garments (each piece) so they will not be put in the lost and found if separated or if the tag is lost (This is optional)
- *NEW FALL 2017* Moms of multiples or matching sibling sets- please indicate on the index card the matching outfit’s size/sex so shoppers can more easily find it.
Videos to Assist Consignors!
Thank you for Consigning with Kidz Klozet! We have a few videos for you on how to consign successfully. Click here to view our videos on the Consigning Tips playlist.
Perks for Volunteer Workers!
Kidz Klozet has weekend, weekday and weeknight shifts available at our consignment sales. We welcome not only moms but dads and grandparents to volunteer too! Kidz Klozet will even provide a snack and drink during your volunteer shift
No need to call. Keep it simple! Book your shift(s) online! Click here to book your volunteer shift(s).
If you are not a consignor, you will need to create a worker account. If you have worked in the past and created an account, the ID and password is probably the last four digits of your phone number. (It is the default).
Double Shift Pre-Sale | Saturday, September 30th 10am
If you volunteer (2) four-hour shifts, you can attend the first workers/double shift pre-sale and be the FIRST to shop on HALF PRICE DAY!
Single Shift Pre-Sale | Saturday, September 30th 4pm
Volunteer (1) four-hour shift and you can attend the second workers/single shift sale and still shop HALF PRICE DAY first.
No children, strollers or wagons allowed at the presale.
- Be prepared for crowds and lines during the worker’s pre-sale, consignor’s pre-sale, the first morning open to the public and on the 50% off day.
- If possible, shop more than one day! You will be amazed what you missed the first time around.
- Be sure to wear comfortable shoes!
- Shop smaller and larger sizes as brands may vary in size.
- Trace child’s foot on poster board and cut it out to know the exact shoe size.
- Bring a tape measurer with your children’s measurements pre-marked to help you with length, etc.
- Shop boy and girl sections for unisex items.
- Don’t dismiss monogrammed items. Many can be re-monogrammed or appliqued over.
- Double check items to make sure they are in working order and have all the pieces! We have batteries at the front of the store for you to test items.
- Kidz Klozet has large shopping bags for a $1 rental. All proceeds benefit the American Cancer Society. Feel free to bring your own bag or laundry basket.
- Children, strollers, nor wagons are allowed at volunteer, consignor, and 1st time parent presales.
- Kidz Klozet accepts Cash, Visa, Discover, MasterCard and debit cards. If using a credit card, be sure to bring your picture ID.
1st Time Parents and Grandparents
Kidz Klozet wants to welcome new parents and grandparents to our sale by holding a special experience JUST FOR YOU!
First Time Parent/Grandparent Presale | Sunday, October 1st 6pm Click HERE to REGISTER!
- Only those expecting their first child/grandchild, their first child is under six months of age, or have adopted their first child within the last six months are eligible to attend this sale. (You are only eligible to attend this pre-sale ONE time)
- We limit the number of participants at each sale, so please do not attempt to register if you have attended in the past.
- The father, mother and grandparents of the infant or expected infant are welcome to come under only one registration.
- No strollers, infant carries or wagons allowed. Your infant is allowed as long as they are attached to you.
Kidz Klozet accepts cash, debit cards, Discover, MasterCard and Visa.
Shop Our New Clothing & Toy Sales
Find “boutique brand” new items for unbeatable prices at our children’s new clothing & toy sales.